Wednesday 12 November 2008

Delphi.Net and the Internet

A few days ago, I posted about Delphi 2009. I was pleased with the additions that Codegear had made to the suite and speculated that it could be a possible migration route from pure Delphi over to .Net. I have had a think about this now and have sort of changed my mind. Using Delphi 2009 it seems to me that mature code written in Delphi could be used in any other .Net application - this includes Net powered websites.

So, instead of being a migration to .Net from Delphi, it is more along the lines of making use of good, solid Delphi code that has been developed over a number of years in a .Net envronment. I really like this idea and am interested to see how many Delphi developers would look into this. It certainly opens up a whole new world of possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment